I’m calling this post “Semi-PINspired” because I didn’t get the actual recipe from Pinterest, BUT I will be posting my version of the recipe, so that’s “Semi-PINspired”, right? I am totally committed to posting a new recipe I’ve never made but found in one of my cookbooks, magazines, or random flyers (you can read the original recipe post HERE) and this one comes from the January 2012 issue of All You magazine. All You is the only magazine I subscribe to and I love all the articles, recipes and coupons it has. It is such a great magazine for any budget-conscious family.
This week I made the Pork & Beans recipe in my Crock-Pot. The Crock-Pot is one of my favorite kitchen appliances – I love coming home from work and the house smells so good and dinner is already made. This week’s recipe was so good that my husband has already been asking when I’m going to make it again. And, again, it’s a Crock-Pot recipe so it’s pretty easy to make too.
Here’s all the ingredients you’ll need – I always try to keep my list short!
Put the bacon and onions on the bottom and place the pork roast on top. Then cover with the BBQ sauce mix and cook on low for 5 hours.
This beautiful piece of meat is what you’ll end up with – don’t you just wanna eat it right off the screen?!
Then it’s shreddin’ time!
Return the meat to the Crock-Pot and stir in beans. Cook on low for an additional 15 minutes, or until heated through. So, so yummy!
Serve it up and enjoy! My husband actually made tacos with the meat (because I guess us Latinos can make a taco out of anything! HA!) but I just ate it right out of the bowl.
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (approx. 2-3 lbs)
- 1½ cups BBQ sauce (I used Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce for a sweet flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Scatter onions & bacon evenly over bottom of slow cooker. Place pork roast on top. In a small bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder. Pour sauce mixture evenly over pork. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, about 5 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred meat. Return shredded meat to slow cooker, stir in beans, cover and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve right away.